Facilitator Course (R4999)
Train the Trainer is a comprehensive SAQA unit standard-based course that covers best practice standards of facilitating learning. From mastering the skill of understanding the different methods of learning to aligning your training sessions to meet those requirements. Gain a practical, how-to overview of Conducting Training for groups of Learners.
Seasoned and competent in the area in which you will offer training.
This course is accredited with ETDP Seta and each learner will have to submit a Portfolio of Evidence after the training, upon being deemed competent, the learner will receive a Certificate of Competence.
This module is based on outcomes based learning principles where delegates are responsible for their own learning with support available when required.
- Formative Assessment – to be submitted 1 month from completion of the workshop
- Summative Assessment – to be submitted up to 6 months from submission of the Formative Assessment
Upon completion of this course and successful assessment Candidate Facilitators will have acquired these skills:
- Knowledge of training in the context of Outcomes-Based Education and Training.
- Systematic planning skills that result in well-executed training sessions.
- Methods of Learner analysis that lead to targeted training.
- Training delivery methods that bring the most out of an audience and encourages the audience to participate.
- Understanding of the values that drive best-practice training in a South African context.
- The ability to support Learners with barriers to learning.
- Quality based review and evaluation criteria that support continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of how targeted training can support business productivity.
DAY 1 – Registration and introduction to the National Qualifications Framework.
- Registration and introduction to the National Qualifications Framework.
- Planning and preparing for facilitation.
- Analysing the learning needs of an intended audience to ensure they reach the intended outcomes.
- Plan for an audience that has different learning styles, including catering for special needs.
- Creating a resource kit that fully supports the entire training cycle.
- Using best-practice learning methods to deliver training.
- Maximising individual participation.
- Applying group facilitation principles.
- Prepare learning material and organising logistics.
- Create review criteria that support continuous improvement.
- Understanding the power of language and media in the delivery of training.
- Devising methods of dealing with difficult Learners.
- Apply a variety of training methods to encourage participation.
- Use a best-practice approach to training delivery that encourages Learners to reach expected outcomes.
- Understand the value of evaluating training delivery.
- Analyse learning delivery with input from various stakeholders.
- Evaluate learning using quality-based criteria.
- Deliver training in a variety of settings.
- Review own training using pre-determined review criteria.
- Use the review to uncover strengths and weaknesses of own training.
* Portfolio compilation workshop.
Who Should Attend
- HR Generalists.
- Seasoned trainers.
- Learning and Development Practitioners.
- Any new trainer who trains groups of people.