Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) (R6499)
Accreditation and Training Services’ Skills Development Facilitator course will equip learners with the required knowledge and skills to identify training needs, draw up Work Place Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports.
The SDF training course will give you a good comprehension of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and will help you to develop your skills and will be a good start in acquiring a variety of qualifications within the fields of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
- Learner should have a good comprehension of English, Computer Literacy, Mathematical Literacy and good Communication skills.
- Learning assumed to be in place: Mathematical skills at NQF Level 4 and Communication skills at NQF Level 4.
This course is accredited with ETDP Seta and each learner will have to submit a Portfolio of Evidence after the training, upon being deemed competent, the learner will receive a Certificate of Competence.
This module is based on outcomes based learning principles where delegates are responsible for their own learning with support available when required.
- Formative Assessment – to be submitted 1 month from completion of the workshop
- Summative Assessment – to be submitted up to 6 months from submission of the Formative Assessment
Learners will be able to:
- Develop an organisational training and development plan.
- Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes.
- Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues.
- Conduct skills development administration in an organisation.
- Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation.
DAY 1 – Registration
- Demonstrate understanding of outcomes-based education and different training approaches within the context of the National Qualifications Framework.
- Explain and apply key concepts of skills development legislation.
- Understand the skills development SETA grant system.
- Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development.
- Analyse SETA Sector Skills Plans for comparison with own organisation’s scarce and critical skills needs.
- Apply critical analysis to the results of a Training Needs Analysis.
- Compile learning analysis results into coherent and practical tools for the purpose of reporting.
- Create a learning skills matrix that informs skills development strategy.
- Gather data for the purpose of reporting.
- Compile Annexure 2 reports using statutory templates.
- Compile Annexure 2 plans using statutory templates.
- Compile PIVOTAL reports using statutory templates.
- Compile an employee profile.
- Understand the SETA processes to submit skills development reports.
- Coordinate skills development interventions.
- Understand the administration required to coordinate and administrate skills
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of skills development initiatives.
- Promote a learning culture in an organisation.
- How to sell skills development to the Skills Training Committee, Employment Equity Committee and the Management Team.
- Strategise the implementation of a learning culture in an organisation.
- Portfolio compilation workshop.
* Portfolio compilation workshop.
Who Should Attend
- Human Resource Managers.
- Training Coordinators.
- Compliance Managers.